[R] Histogram with colors according to factor

Hans W. Borchers hwborchers at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 8 13:22:56 CEST 2008

Given a data frame with a continuous variable and a factor. I would like to
generate a histogram of the continuous variable, where each bar is filled
with different colors according to the percentage of factor values falling
into this region of the continuous variable.

I looked into packages like 'lattice' and 'ggplot2'. Searching R-help
revealed that 'histogram' is spelled 'histogramm' in almost 2% of the
time.  I now know how to color whole bars, but did not find a solution
for this specific kind of visualization.

Many thanks in advance,  Hans Werner Borchers

----
Hans W. Borchers
ABB Corporate Research

-----