[R] Need ideas on how to show spikes in my data and how to code it in R

Thomas Fröjd tfrojd at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 13:29:30 CEST 2008

Hi!

Sorry for bothering you again but I can't seem to get it right.

When i multiply the density with the number of observations it seems
to be way to high, The reference curve is drawn at maybe 20 times
higher frequency count than it should be.

I use the following code where "weights$Weight" is my weights data and
"reference" is my reference dataset.

# calucate the right breakpoints
breakpoints <- seq(min(weights), max(weights), by=binwidth)

#scale density
dens <- density(reference)
dens$y <- dens$y * (length(weights$Weight))

#graph it
hist(weights$Weight, freq=TRUE, breaks=breakpoints, main=wfiles[i])

lines(dens)

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

/Thomas