[R] fisher.test

Marta Colombo martac21 at libero.it
Tue Jul 8 19:58:27 CEST 2008

Hi!
I am Marta Colombo, student in Mathematical Engineering at "Politecnico di Milano". For my master degree thesis I have to analyze some categorical data. My dataset is composed by 327 individuals and 16 variables. I am using Fisher exact test to test independence on IxJ contingency tables, but I have a problem with one variable.
R gives me this error message:
    FEXACT error 7.
    LDSTP is too small for this problem.
    Try increasing the size of the workspace.
or also this one:
   FEXACT error 6.
   LDKEY is too small for this problem.
   Try increasing the size of the workspace.
Do you know what these error messages mean? What can I do?
Thank you in advance for your kindness and attention!

Best regards,

Marta Colombo