[R] Lattice: merged strips?

Duncan Mackay mackay at northnet.com.au
Thu Jul 10 07:43:45 CEST 2008

Mike

see ?strip.custom and strip.default

Basically you need to create a string of factor levels equal to the number
of panels.

Below is an example for a plot of 24 panels 4 columns and six rows.
so that row 1 is:

"2000 Summer" | "2000 Autumn" | "2000 Winter" | "2000 Spring"
and so on for the remaining panel rows.

strip    = strip.custom(factor.levels = c(paste(rep(2000:2005, each = 4),
                                                         rep(c("Summer","Autumn","Winter","Spring"),6),
sep = " ") ),

Use the xyplot layout argument to set up your layout properly to make it
easier.

If you want a 2 line strip then may be "\n" to break the paste into to 2
lines may do.
There was post about ?6 weeks ago on it I think

Regards

Duncan Mackay
Department of Agronomy and Soil Science
University of New England