[R] Problems with Package Installation.

hippie dream tonightsthenight at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 02:47:57 CEST 2008

I am having difficulty installing packages. For example, here I have tried to
install "gplots" but to no avail. I have tried multiple mirrors and
different packages (errbar) but after installation I seem to be unable to
access any of the commands or help pages. I am a little concerned about the
'lib' missing message but this has been present for previous successful
package installations. I running Ubuntu 8.04 and R 2.7.1. I am sorry but I
am totally lost here. Thanks in advance for your help.

> install.packages()
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
Warning in install.packages() :
  argument 'lib' is missing: using
'/home/sam/R/i486-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.7'
trying URL 'http://cran.cnr.Berkeley.edu/src/contrib/gplots_2.6.0.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 241256 bytes (235 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 235 Kb

* Installing *source* package 'gplots' ...
** R
** data
** inst
** preparing package for lazy loading
** help
 >>> Building/Updating help pages for package 'gplots'
     Formats: text html latex example
  balloonplot                       text    html    latex   example
  bandplot                          text    html    latex   example
  barplot2                          text    html    latex   example
  boxplot.n                         text    html    latex   example
  col2hex                           text    html    latex   example
  colorpanel                        text    html    latex   example
  heatmap.2                         text    html    latex   example
  hist2d                            text    html    latex   example
  lowess                            text    html    latex   example
  ooplot                            text    html    latex   example
  overplot                          text    html    latex   example
  plot.lm2                          text    html    latex   example
  plotCI                            text    html    latex   example
  plotmeans                         text    html    latex   example
  qqnorm.aov                        text    html    latex   example
  residplot                         text    html    latex
  rich.color                        text    html    latex   example
  rtPCR                             text    html    latex   example
  sinkplot                          text    html    latex   example
  smartlegend                       text    html    latex   example
  space                             text    html    latex   example
  textplot                          text    html    latex   example
  wapply                            text    html    latex   example
** building package indices ...
* DONE (gplots)

The downloaded packages are in
	/tmp/Rtmp5NZLyb/downloaded_packages
> ?plotCI
No documentation for 'plotCI' in specified packages and libraries:
you could try 'help.search("plotCI")'