[R] Difficultes with grep

Fran100681 franaruto at hotmail.it
Sun Jul 13 13:24:08 CEST 2008

Thank you, but this is not what i want exactly.. i would want to launch
function "myfun" with this script:

> table <- sample(LETTERS[1:5], 20,TRUE)
>
> name <- "A"
>
> myfun <- function(name) {
+ r <- grep (name[^0-9], table )
+ return (r) }

but if I do it ,R doesn't accept this.. i want this because i have in
"table" (a data frame) ,a list of element that are "hsa-mir-N" (when N is
any number)..so, if i put in argument "name" this is: "hsa-mir-70" ,function
matches hsa-mir-70, but also (for instance) hsa-mir-700, 710 724 and so
on... infact i insert a square brackets ^0-9 to exclude any other number
after those i have given (in "name").. It's a little complex situation.. :(

p.s: i can't put in "name" simply: hsa-mir-20 to match all hsa-mir-20 in the
data frame because i need to match hsa-mir-20 but also (for instance)
hsa-mir-20-3... or hsa-mir-20b, hsa-mir-20a..... and not those elements with
another number after the 20