[R] Moran's I test- Ordinal Logistic Regression Model

Rees, Lisa Marie (MU-Student) lmr6c6 at mizzou.edu
Mon Jul 14 02:24:15 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am trying to do a Moran's I test on an ordinal logistic regression model.
I have a simple spatial weights matrix listed below I would like to use.

Y=
1	 0	 0	 0	 0	 0	 0	 0	 0
0	 1	 1	 0	 0	 0	 0	 1	 1
0	 1	 1	 0	 0	 0	 0	 1	 1
0	 0	 0	 1	 1	 1	 1	 0	 0
0	 0	 0	 1	 1	 1	 1	 0	 0
0	 0	 0	 1	 1	 1	 1	 0	 0
0	 0	 0	 1	 1	 1	 1	 0	 0
0	 1	 1	 0	 0	 0	 0	 1	 1
0	 0	 1	 0	 0	 0	 0	 1	 1

I try to run the test as follows-

moran.test(order$resid, y).  It then gives me an error- "Error in moran.test(resid(order), y) : y is not a listw object"

Can I transform my matrix into a listw object or use some other test where I can use my simple matrix to perform the test?  Also, is using $resid for the ordinal logistic regression the proper way to run the moran's I test?

Thanks for any help you can provide me.

Lisa