[R] stem and leaf plot: how to edit the stem-values

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Mon Jul 14 03:45:11 CEST 2008

On 13/07/2008 5:40 PM, Jörg Groß wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to make a stem and leaf plot and I want to edit the
> category-names.

If you have a computer you can do much better histograms.  But since you
have chosen to do this, one way is to edit the underlying C code.  It's
available in

https://svn.r-project.org/R/src/appl/stem.c

Another way is to save the plot into a file, and manually edit the file.

The best way is to produce the whole thing by hand, using pen and paper,
while sitting on a tropical island without access to a computer.  I
recommend Half Moon Caye,
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=half+moon+caye&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=93.342821,105.292969&ie=UTF8&ll=17.206312,-87.532454&spn=0.05854,0.051413&t=h&z=14

Duncan Murdoch