[R] Tissue specific genes by ANOVA?

icebreake Pascal_G at web.de
Mon Jul 14 12:41:31 CEST 2008

Hello,

unfortunately I have I big problem I can't solve.

I have to analyse if a gene is tissue specific. For example for the gene xyz
I have following expression values:

Heart        Liver           Brain
8.998497   10.013561   12.277407
9.743556   10.137574   11.033957

For every tissue I have two values from two different experiments.

Now I want to test if Heart is significant higher than Liver and Brain, or
Liver is significant higher than Heart an Brain, ...

I read about the pairwise.t.test, but I dont't want to test Heart against
Liver and Heart against Brain, ...

Is there any possibility to do that? ANOVA? Duncan? Constrasts?

Please help