[R] What package to use to create a GUI

Judith Flores juryef at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 15 23:51:17 CEST 2008

Hello dead R-experts,

   I work on x86_64-suse-linux and I am using R 2.7.1. I created several scripts that will be used by several people that are not familiar with R. I would like to create a GUI to call the scripts that the users would choose to run, also, the GUI should allow them to choose the directories where their raw data resides, the scripts will be fed with such raw data.

   My question is the following: is there a R package that has built-in functions to create a GUI for linux? If so, what package is it? If not, what language would you recommend me to use to create the GUI?

Thank you very much in advance for any help you can provide me with,

Judith