[R] REvolution computing

David Henderson dnadavenator at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 00:49:48 CEST 2008

Mi Mariana:

> on 07/17/2008 12:40 PM Mariana Carla Gambarotta wrote:
>> Hi, everybody. Sorry to bring up the subject again but I have visited
>> the revolution computing web page, but its not clear when or what
>> will be the new release be. Does anybody have information about
>> that?. Does anybody know if the version that will be released will be
>> validated?. I have been reading the previous mails about validation
>> and I work in a Pharma company and validation is a big concern. Thank
>> you Mariana
>
> Have you contacted them directly?
>
> http://www.revolution-computing.com/revolution/web/static/contactus
>
> They will certainly be the only authoritative source to respond to
> your queries.

We are about to release our first product within the next week.  This
is a parallel computing environment called NetworkSpaces with a few
parallel computing packages bundled in along with the NetworkSpaces
server.  It works with your current R installation, or with our
upcoming product called RPro.

Given your query above, I think you are likely more concerned with our
following software release which hopefully will occur prior to the
Joint Statistical Meetings (this is the current plan).  This will be a
precompiled version of R for Mac, Linux, and Windows (if you need
other platforms, please do ask us) built with the Math Kernel Library
from Intel.  We currently have the builds completed and are in the
testing and QA phase of both the R/MKL combination and the binary
installer.

With respect to validation, we are also compiling the internal
documentation information one would need for Installation
Qualification and are prepared to work with Pharma on making the
Operational Qualification and Performance Qualification process as
easy as possible.

> In the mean time, for R as it is made available by the R Foundation,
> you may wish to review the following document:
>
> http://www.r-project.org/doc/R-FDA.pdf

I would highly recommend reading this document.  From our current
discussions with Pharma, it contains a wealth of relevant information
to aid you in getting R validated internally within your organization.

Thanks and please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or
queries you might have.  I may not have the answers you need, but can
put you in contact with the people who do.

Thanks!!

Dave H
--
David Henderson, Ph.D.