[R] REvolution computing

Charles Annis, P.E. Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
Fri Jul 18 17:51:58 CEST 2008

Hi, Greg:

Have you answered Uwe's question?  I visited your website, and your idea
sounds interesting.  I'm an engineer, not a lawyer, but it seems to me that
what you have IS in accord with the GPL - provided that that you make the R
source available as Uwe asks.

So:  what's the answer to Uwe's question?

Charles Annis, P.E.

Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
phone: 561-352-9699
eFax:  614-455-3265
http://www.StatisticalEngineering.com

-----Original Message-----
From: r-help-bounces at r-project.org [mailto:r-help-bounces at r-project.org] On
Behalf Of Uwe Ligges
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 7:28 AM
To: Gregory R. Warnes
Cc: r-help at r-project.org; Mariana Carla Gambarotta
Subject: Re: [R] REvolution computing

Gregory R. Warnes wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Random Technologies LLC’s commercially supported Rstat, based on R
> 2.7.2, is available today.   For product information, visit
http://www.random
> -technologies-llc.

Hi Greg,

two short questions on your very interesting product:

1. How can it be based on R-2.7.2? That R release has not been noticed
any CRAN maintainer so far, as far as I know...

2. Where can I get the sources from? If it is based on the GPL'ed R, I
guess I'll find the sources somewhere on your server.

Best wishes,
Uwe