[R] Graphics not working for R in ubuntu

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Sat Jul 19 16:43:58 CEST 2008

As others have mentioned, there is no "official" GUI for R under
Linux. I suggest you have a look at the "Related Projects" area of the
R Project web site, there is a link to a section devoted to GUIs.

I would personally recommend the Emacs + ESS combo as a powerful (if
not entirely intuitive at first) interface to R. Both softwares are in
the Ubuntu repositories, so installation is a simple apt-get away.

Finally, please have a look at the R on Ubuntu README:

	http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/

Best,

Vincent