[R] principal factor analysis

Hans W. Borchers hwborchers at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 17:20:22 CEST 2008

Jinsong Zhao <jszhao <at> mail.hzau.edu.cn> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a function to do principal factor analysis in R?

Do a 'RSiteSearch("factor analysis")' and you will find several packages for
Factor Analysis, such as:

    FAiR        Factor Analysis in R
    FactoMineR  Factor Analysis and Data Mining with R

or  factor.pa(), "Principal Axis Factor Analysis", in package 'psych'.

It seems, 'common factors' is a more colloquial term used in PCA books, or did
you mean to compare 'principal components' with 'principal factors'?