[R] dev2bitmap error, 'gs' cannot be found

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 21 18:36:36 CEST 2008

WHat OS is this (please do read the posting guide)?

The posting guide also asks you to read the help: it says

      You will need 'ghostscript': the full path to the executable can
      be set by the environment variable 'R_GSCMD'. (If this is unset
      the command '"gs"' is used, which will work if it is in your
      path.)

If you don't know what that means, please ask your computing support desk
for help.