[R] How to control the memory?

rlearner309 unixunix99 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 15:49:19 CEST 2008

Hi, I have a huge data set to deal with.  Sometimes I got warning message
about limitation of memory, sometimes R reads in the data but it is very
slow.
My question is, is there anything I can do to lift the memory limitation (I
did memory.limit(4095), anything else I can do?).  I know I can also drop
variables that R "remembered", but I forgot the command.
Thanks a lot!
Oh, BTW, is there a function that can be used to generate weekdays (skip
weekends automatically)?