[R] how to export ".xls" file with colorful cells?

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 15:51:06 CEST 2008

You didn't mention your OS but if its Windows then see:

http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/help/05/07/8950.html

and try adding this line to that -- actually it gives me an
error message (from Excel?) using Excel 2007 on Vista,
RDCOMClient  0.92-0 and "R version 2.7.1 RC (2008-06-16 r45949)"
but it seems to work in any case:

	x12[["Interior"]][["ColorIndex"]] <- 3

You will want to look at a VBA book and translate what you find to
RDCOMClient notation in the manner of this example.

The rcom package can also be used in much the same way.