[R] Integrating R and Textmate

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Fri Jul 25 10:23:44 CEST 2008

Arthur Roberts wrote:
> To Whom It May Concern:
>
> I need to use various packages in R and I also want to use Textmate.
> Problem 1: Textmate doesn't seem to recognize the packages that are
> already installed on R. Problem 2:
>
> When I execute the following command:
>
> install.packages("ade4", repos="http://cran.r-project.org", contriburl =
> contrib.url( "http://streaming.stat.iastate.edu/CRAN/",
> type="MacBinary"), dependencies=TRUE, installWithVers=TRUE)
 >
> I download the package, but it is for R version 2.6 rather than the
> current version 2.7.1.

Hmmm. I do not believe you get anything by that call.

> Is there anyway to either point R in the right direction for the
> packages or have R install the correct version of the packages.

You can choose the mirror by chooseCRANmirror() and simply ask to
   install.packages("ade4", dependencies=TRUE, installWithVers=TRUE)
or specify the mirror and the type of package in the call as follows:
   download.packages("ade4",
       repos="http://streaming.stat.iastate.edu/CRAN",
       type="mac.binary", dependencies=TRUE, installWithVers=TRUE)

Uwe Ligges