[R] Dividing by 0

John Maindonald john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
Sun Jul 27 02:08:05 CEST 2008

I suspect you should be smoothing the series in a manner that
replaces zeros by some usually small larger number before
you start.  Without more details on what you are trying to do, it
is impossible to know what is sensible.  You are proposing to
leave all smoothing ("rolling"?) till later; why not do some
smoothing at the start?

John Maindonald             email: john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
phone : +61 2 (6125)3473    fax  : +61 2(6125)5549
Centre for Mathematics & Its Applications, Room 1194,
John Dedman Mathematical Sciences Building (Building 27)
Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200.