[R] Lattice wireframe: How to avoid drawing lines around polygons when using shade=TRUE

Oliver M. Haynold inquiries at haynold.com
Sun Jul 27 07:00:48 CEST 2008

I am using wireframe from the lattice package, with the shade option set
to TRUE. When I output to PDF or Postscript, a line gets drawn around
each polygon of my surface which causes ugly Moiré effects and doesn't
make sense in my application (think the plot of Maunga Whau--gridlines
don't make sense). This does not happen when I display on the screen--
then I just get the surface as intended.

I have tried everything from playing with trellis.par.set() to changing
the code of panel.3dwire, but nothing seems to remove these gridlines.
Any idea would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

	Oliver