[R] Link functions in SEM

Jeroen Ooms j.c.l.ooms at uu.nl
Sun Jul 27 20:51:47 CEST 2008

Is it possible to fit a structural equation model with link functions in R? I
am trying to build a logistic-regression-like model in sem, because
incorporating the dichotomous variables linearly seems inappropriate. Mplus
can do something similar by specifying a 'link' parameter, but I would like
to be able to do it in R, ofcourse.

I have explored the 'sem' package from John Fox, but it does not seem to be
able to fit non-linear relations. Is there some R-package or way to get this
done? I have also considered creating a seperate latent variable in the sem
model for the systematic component of the predictors, but then I still need
a way to fix a non-linear link from the systematic component to the
dichotomous Y variable.