[R] Link functions in SEM

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Mon Jul 28 23:42:26 CEST 2008

Dear Jeroen,

It's true that the sem() function only handles quantitative endogenous
variables, but you could use it along with functions in the polycor package
to fit models with ordered or dichotomous observed variables. There's an
example of a confirmatory factor analysis model with ordinal indicators in
the paper at <http://socserv.mcmaster.ca/jfox/Misc/sem/SEM-paper.pdf>.

I hope this helps,
 John

------------------------------
John Fox, Professor
Department of Sociology
McMaster University
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
web: socserv.mcmaster.ca/jfox

On
> Behalf Of Jeroen Ooms
> Sent: July-27-08 2:52 PM
> To: r-help at r-project.org
> Subject: [R] Link functions in SEM
>

> Is it possible to fit a structural equation model with link functions in
R? I
> am trying to build a logistic-regression-like model in sem, because
> incorporating the dichotomous variables linearly seems inappropriate.
Mplus