[R] Rf_error crashes entire program.

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jul 29 08:28:57 CEST 2008

Rf_error is used so often in R itself and packages that it is almost
certainly not the problem -- rather something else your program has done
has damaged R's internals (e.g. overrrun an array).

'Writing R Extensions' discusses how to debug R code, including foreign
code.  For example, I would run under valgrind to look for incorrect
memory accesses.

This was an appropriate topic for R-devel -- please DO study the posting
guide.