[R] stringdot ?

renata.camargo05 at ntlworld.com renata.camargo05 at ntlworld.com
Tue Jul 29 13:38:44 CEST 2008

Dear all,

I am using kernlab package in R, and I have amino acid sequences with different lenghts as input for a SVM and I need to go through this sequences using windows (sliding or fixed) of size X.
Does anyone has any suggestions about which function I should use?
I thought I could use stringdot, but I am not sure whether it will do what I need.., I have defined my stringdot as:

mystringdot <- stringdot(length = 7, lambda = 0.5, type = "sequence", normalized = TRUE)

and my svm as:

ksvm(mydata[,1],data=mydata,type="C-svc",kernel=mystringdot,C=10)

but it doesn't work.

Thank you ever so much, Renata