[R] Panel of pie charts

Richard.Cotton at hsl.gov.uk Richard.Cotton at hsl.gov.uk
Tue Jul 29 18:23:16 CEST 2008

>   I am looking to making a panel of pie charts fo some of my
> dritribution data . I was wondering if there is a way in any R
> package to write a small script to do so.
pie() will do you a one-off pie chart, but there is no equivalent using
grid/ lattice graphics.  You could write a panel.pie function to draw
them, but be warned: pie charts are almost never the best option for
displaying data.  (See
http://www.perceptualedge.com/articles/visual_business_intelligence/save_the_pies_for_dessert.pdf
for example.)  Have you considered using barcharts instead?

Regards,
Richie.

Mathematical Sciences Unit
HSL