[R] ls() and memory question

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 21:17:18 CEST 2008

It is memory.  You should probably not have 40% of your RAM allocated
to R so that if you do create some large objects, you will have room
for them.  How much physical memory do you have, can you put some
"numbers" on how many objects you need, if you have a lot of them,
have you considered using lists.