[R] R -Legality Question about R's Open Source GNU GPL License

ohri2007 at gmail.com ohri2007 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 18:25:32 CEST 2008

well, i am planning to test rattle (r gui) or even R on a cloud computer.

IMO SAS (software ) scores over R because it handles bigger files more
efficiently on SAME local hardware. but prices a huge premium on
licenses.

with R and a cloud, you pay for time spent (1+profit P).
cloud ramps up processing power as needed.

data mining to the masses.
got 400 million rows and no money to work as a stats consultant. pay per use.

and i am ready to give it away to greenpeace , whatever..
.just not to any big corp who patents it first.

the question was which license to use, and i got two answers . so that
was the clarification.

is this a business development plan maybe. but is also a r development
plan which is much better algols than any other software.but still
lacks acceptance .

and now for finding someone enough to sponser the cloud development
time, without hoping for lazy royalty assets)

thanks for your help and support.

regards,

ajay.

the framework is on decisionstats dot com