[R] R and Openmpi

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Jun 2 15:42:41 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 12:29:06PM +0200, Marce wrote:
> Hi Dirk, now I'm using R and OpenMPI in a cluster. Could you link me
> some pages of information about this? I'm interesting about the
> installation, all the pages i've seen it's with LAM..
> Really i've just installed R and Rmpi, but I have some problems when I
> spawn nodes in the same vlan.

Rmpi and packages building on top of it have not changed -- we simply
switched the underlying MPI library -- so use whatever documentation
you had before for Rmpi and snow.

Not that you need it unless you plan to rewrite or extend Rmpi, but
for the MPI API, the documentation for LAM is still very good.

As for the Open MPI tools, see the Open MPI website and mailing list.
Jeff just posted some instructional videos that people have commented
on favourably.

Dirk