[R] merging two data sets with no column header

kayj kjaja27 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 3 01:45:05 CEST 2008

I have two data sets data1 and data2  with no column names( No header). The
first coluimn in both data sets represents the case ID. How can I tell R to
merge the two data sets by the case ID if there is no header? Also, In data1
I have more cases and I would like the result of the merge to have all the
cases in both data1 and data2. there may be some duplicate cases.

I appreciate if someone can help.

Thanks