[R] Partitioning a large data frame and writing output CSVs

joshgage joshgage at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 02:58:47 CEST 2008

Hello,

I have a large dataset [536436,4]

I'd like to partition the dataset into 999 groups of 564 rows and output
each group as a CSV files... Obviously I could do this longhand  but I know
it is somehow possible to write a loop to do the same thing...

I'd like to group such that the first group is the first 564 rows, the
second group is the second 564 rows .....  the 999th group is the 999th 564
rows...

In each newly created group, I'd like there to be a new column that
identifies the group... i.e. the first group would have a new column in
which all 564 observations have a character value of "group1"

Finally I'd also like to output each one of these groups as a CSV file with
a unique name....

Any help with this is very greatly appreciated....

thanks in advance,

Josh