[R] lsmeans

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Fri Jun 6 19:25:40 CEST 2008

Dear Dani,

I intend at some point to extend the effects package to linear and
generalized linear mixed-effects models, probably using lmer() rather
than lme(), but as you discovered, it doesn't handle these models now.

It wouldn't be hard, however, to do the computations yourself, using
the coefficient vector for the fixed effects and a suitably constructed
model-matrix to compute the effects; you could also get standard errors
by using the covariance matrix for the fixed effects.

I hope this helps,
 John