[R] R + Linux

Markus Jäntti mjantti at abo.fi
Fri Jun 6 22:36:34 CEST 2008

I have both Debian, Ubuntu, RedHat and CentOS systems, and primary run R
on the Debian and RedHat machines. I have encountered few problems
running R on RedHat/CentOS, but I do think the Debian/Ubuntu package
management system, combined with the kind provision of packages, makes
life a lot simpler. (Yes, many thanks to Dirk!).

Also, the ease of installing and maintaining among with the highly
useful user forums of Ubuntu would lead me to recommend that particular
distribution.

Regards,

Markus