[R] Comparing two groups of proportions

Ivan Adzhubey iadzhubey at rics.bwh.harvard.edu
Tue Jun 10 00:28:22 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have a seemingly common problem but I can't find a proper way to approach
it. Let's say we have 5 samples (different size) of IC circuits coming from 5
production lines (A, B, C, D, E). We apply two different non-destructive QA
procedures to each sample, producing to sets of binary outcomes (passed:
no/yes). So, we have two groups of proportions:

	QA1		QA2
	no/yes	no/yes
A	10/90	8/92
B	5/15		7/13
C	1/79		2/78
D	12/38	10/40
E	3/7		1/9

How would I test if the two QA procedures in question give significantly
different results, at the same time controlling for the possible production
line contribution? It looks like there are many variants of multiple
proportions tests available in R and various extra packages but none seems to
exactly fit this very simple problem. I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Ivan

The information transmitted in this electronic communica...{{dropped:10}}