[R] Parse XML

ppatel3026 pratik.patel at us.rothschild.com
Tue Jun 10 16:52:18 CEST 2008

Could someone provide a link or examples of parsing XML document in R? Few
specific questions below:

For instance I can retrieve specific nodes using this:
node <- xpathApply(xml, "//" %+% xtag, xmlValue)

1) I want to be able to retrieve parent node for this node, how can I do
this? getParentNode() does not seem to cut it.

2) How can I retrieve children nodes for a particular node?
3) How can I create an iterator to iterate through the whole tree?

Thank you,
Pratt