[R] R idiom list? [was: Matrix transformation problem

Dietrich Trenkler Dietrich.Trenkler at uni-osnabrueck.de
Wed Jun 11 12:35:41 CEST 2008

Dimitris Rizopoulos schrieb:
> sorry, my previous answer was not correct; you need:
>
> x <- matrix(c(1,0,0, 0,0,1, 0,1,0, 0,0,1, 0,1,0, 1,0,0),
>    ncol = 3, byrow = TRUE)
> which(t(x == 1), arr.ind = TRUE)[, "row", drop = FALSE]

Dear helpeRs,

I would like to use this thread for a proposal which lingered in my head
for quite a while.  Several years ago I was an APL aficionado and I very
much liked the idea of an APL idiom list (see e.g
http://www.pyr.fi/apl/texts/Idiot.htm).

Looking at the solution of Dimitris Rizopoulos wouldn't it be nice not to
have it disappear in the archives?  To be explicit I would like to
propose an R idiom list.  If there does exist one please forgive my
ignorance.

Best regards

Dietrich

--
Dietrich Trenkler c/o Universitaet Osnabrueck
Rolandstr. 8; D-49069 Osnabrueck, Germany