[R] package under unix

cgenolin at u-paris10.fr cgenolin at u-paris10.fr
Fri Jun 13 16:51:39 CEST 2008

Hi the list,

I write a package for clusterizing longitudinal data using a non
parametric algorithm. I develop the package under windows. To be as
user friendly as possible, the package use some graphical procedure to
"show" to the user the evolution of the cluster construction, and to
export the graph in a friendly way.

Here are some example : http://christophe.genolini.free.fr/kml

Everything works fine... under windows.

Unfortunately, it seems it does not work under linux. I first use the
instruction:

> windows(5,5,xpos=0)

which seems to be incompatible. Then I used :

> if(getOption("device")=="windows"){windows(5,5,xpos=0)}else{}

but it is non portable either.

I do not know linux so it will be very hard for me to test and change my code.
On the other hand, I spend a lot of time to develop a graphical
interface for exporting the result in a easy way, so it would be a pity
to remove the code that deal with graphics.

Can someone help ?

Christophe