[R] Maximum likelihood estimation in R with censored Data

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Fri Jun 13 19:55:40 CEST 2008

Bluder Olivia <olivia.bluder <at> k-ai.at> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to calculate the Maximum likelihood estimators for a dataset
> which contains censored data.
>
> I started by using the function "nlm", but isn't there a separate method
> for doing this for e.g. the "weibull" and the "log-normal" distribution?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Olivia

  This is not *quite* enough detail about what you
want to do.  Can you (as the posting guide suggests!)
give us a small example of what you want to do?  You may be able
to do this via the survreg() command in the survival
package, or you may want to do it yourself by constructing
a log-likelihood function with dweibull() for uncensored
data and pweibull() for censored data [or dlnorm/plnorm].

  Ben Bolker