[R] modifying INSTALL to make html but not build package

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Sat Jun 14 17:44:22 CEST 2008

For my R page at http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/ (also the target of
RSiteSearch()), I'm trying to find a way to get the html versions of
the help pages without actually installing packages.  This will allow
me to include packages that don't install.  And it will also vastly
speed up the monthly update, and make it easier to replicate
everything in case of disaster.

I have made a modified version of INSTALL, which is the script that
runs when you say R CMD INSTALL.  The idea is to use the modified
version on downloaded packages.  The script runs, and it does not try
to compile the code for the package, but it does not include the html
pages.  I can't figure out why not.  If anyone would like to look at
it, I'd greatly appreciate it.  It is at

http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/INST

and all my changes involve commenting out stuff that was there.

Jon
Home page: http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron