[R] candisc() error message

Michael Friendly friendly at yorku.ca
Mon Jun 16 19:11:56 CEST 2008

John is correct & the error message you got was clear:  the error SSP
matrix is of deficient rank.
Possible solutions:
- Regroup the factor levels to fewer and/or
- Combine some of the species to broader classes so you have fewer than
17 response variables
- Collect more samples

hope this helps,
-Michael