[R] Dual axis labeling of a single quantity

Thomas Adams Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov
Mon Jun 16 20:51:50 CEST 2008

I have a problem where I need to label the vertical axes of a Boxplot
with related, but different quantities (flow & height), which have a
known relationship. Primarily I want to plot the variable as a flow on
the left axis and on the opposing right axis, show the corresponding
height. Is it possible to get the flow range (max & min) of the left
axis and then supply the right axis with that range (corresponding
max/min) which will be plotted automatically by R? It does not matter if
the opposing tick marks exactly correspond to the tick mark values on
the left side as long as the scale is correct (that is the correct
corresponding range).

I'm not even sure where to start searching for this…

Regards,
Tom

--
Thomas E Adams