[R] Reading csv-data from variables

Felix Schönbrodt nicebread at gmx.net
Tue Jun 17 11:08:03 CEST 2008

Dear Listmembers,

I'm looking for a convenient way to read csv-data which are stored in
variables of data frames.
I'm working with nested csv-data: one of the columns of the first
table stores a long string containing a second csv-coded table. My
problem is to parse that second-order csv-table.

As the read.csv command requires a link to a file, I couldn't get it
to read the data from a variable. I also tried to copy the content of
the variable into the clipboard to use the read.csv(pipe("pbpaste"))-
function, but didn't come to a solution ...

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Felix