[R] x labels out of Quartz canvas

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 18 08:07:33 CEST 2008

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, MeMooMeM wrote:

> Thanks a lot!
>
> I looked at the document. It shows how to set the size of the canvas,

I don't believe it does.

> but not how to change it *after* plotting. Now I start with a bigger
> canvas, but the plot is scaled into it, so I am having the same problem
> again :(

You need to set the *margins* not the size of the canvas.  See par's mai
and mar and the figures in that document.

Hint: see the footer of this message -- if you provide a reproducible
example and all the info the posting guide asks for you will get more
informative answers.