[R] unable to install for r-base dependency?

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Thu Jun 19 20:35:43 CEST 2008

Le jeu. 19 juin à 10:55, tkobayas at indiana.edu a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to install R for Ubuntu linux. Strangely, I got
> the dependency error message below.
>
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

> r-cran-cluster: Depends: r-base-core (>= 2.7.1~20080614) but
> 2.7.0-1gutsy0 is to be installed
> E: Broken packages

On which architecture is this? I suspect amd64 because the version of
cluster on i386 is still 1.11.10, which depends on R >= 2.6.2. The
maintainer of the amd64 packages (Michael Rutter, CCd) might have
built the recently released 1.11.11 version with the "beta" R
2.7.1~20080614, but failed to provide the corresponding r-base*
packages.

We'll fix that. Sorry for the inconvenience.