[R] Installation Error with Bioconductor on R

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Thu Jun 19 23:10:55 CEST 2008

Hi AA

Ask on the bioconductor mailing list, following the 'mailing lists' link
on the front page http://bioconductor.org

and...

A A wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to install Bioconductor onto R version 2.7.0 for Windows.  I installed R, then followed the instructions on http://www.bioconductor.org/download, which state that you should type the following:
>
> source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
> biocLite()
>
> When I do that, I get the following error:
>
> Running biocinstall version 2.2.9 with R version 2.7.0
> Your version of R requires version 2.2 of BioConductor.
> Will install the following packages:
>  [1] "affy"         "affydata"     "affyPLM"      "annaffy"      "annotate"
>  [6] "Biobase"      "Biostrings"   "DynDoc"       "gcrma"        "genefilter"
> [11] "geneplotter"  "hgu95av2.db"  "limma"        "marray"       "matchprobes"
> [16] "multtest"     "ROC"          "vsn"          "xtable"       "affyQCReport"

the command biocLite() installs a number of packages; the above message
is NOT an error, but an information message saying that the packages
mentioned above are to be installed. Likely these packages are retrieved
from the internet and installed on your computer, there should be quite
a bit more output before returning to R, or are you saying that R stops
working after the message above?