[R] Combine colors and shading lines

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 14:14:13 CEST 2008

You can play around with something like this to control the plots and
to add color to them:

data(HairEyeColor)
a <- as.table( apply(HairEyeColor, c(1,2), sum) )
a1<-a[1:2,]

library(lattice)
library(reshape)

x <- melt(a1)

p1 <- barchart(value ~ Eye, group=Hair, data=x)
p2 <- barchart(value ~ Hair, group=Eye, data=x)

print(p1, split=c(1,1,1,2), more=TRUE)
print(p2, split=c(1,2,1,2))