[R] ggplot2-barplot

Felipe Carrillo mazatlanmexico at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 02:09:10 CEST 2008

Hi all:
I have been using ggplot2 graphics for quite some time now and I really like it. However, I haven't used barplots enough to understand the arquitecture behind it. Can someone show me how to make this simple barplot graph with ggplot2? I want "PondName" along the x axis and "avgWt" along the Y axis which represents the avgWt by each Pond.

PondName	avgWt
Pond01	21.5
Pond02	17.8
Pond03	17.8
Pond04	17.8
Pond05	16.375
Pond06	21.5
Pond07	21.5

Using sigmaplot or Excel is a simple task but I can't get it to work with ggplot2. I was trying:

qplot(PondName,data=mydata,geom="bar") + geom_bar(fill=factor(PondName))
but I don't get the desired results. Thanks