[R] Writing Vector to a File

Philipp Pagel p.pagel at wzw.tum.de
Mon Jun 23 15:32:14 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 10:15:53PM +0900, Gundala Viswanath wrote:

> I've tried
>
> > write(as.character(myvec), "output.txt", sep="\n")
>
> and
>
> > writeLines(as.character(myvec), "output.txt", sep="\n")
>
> Both yielding same result.
>
> >> 1
> >> 1
> >> 1
> >> 1
> >> 1
> >> 6241
>
> Is there any other possible  explanation, why it
> still went wrong?

Hm - weird. I guess it's time to find out where this piece of data came
from and what exacty it contains. As Duncan suggested, show us the
output of str(myvec)  and maybe say a few words about the origin of the
data (how was it read into R, how was it modified, ...).

BTW: what version of R are you running? And on what platform? Maybe it's
a bug which has long been fixed and we simply can't reproduce it on the
latest release?

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel
Lehrstuhl für Genomorientierte Bioinformatik