[R] running R-code outside of R

Roger Leenders r.t.a.j.leenders at rug.nl
Tue Jun 24 20:01:22 CEST 2008

R 2.7.0, WinXP

Hi list,

I have written some code in R that I would like to share with others who
are not R-users. Is there a way to compile the code so it will run
outside of R?
The best thing would be a functionality to compile the code into a ".exe"
file that does not require the user to have R installed or to know how to
use R. The persons I would like to make the program available to are unlikely to ever need or use software like R.

Is there a functionality that will allow others to use my code without
needing R itself?

thanks, roger