[R] tiff()-bug (was re:Preparing high quality figures with tiff as end result)

Gustaf Rydevik gustaf.rydevik at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 09:58:05 CEST 2008

Hi all,

A while back I sent a message concerning working with tiff-files, and
mentioned that I encountered a bug in 2.7.0.
This bug still occurs in 2.7.1, and is reproducable on a separate
computer (both running WinXP professional):

tiff()
plot(1:1000)
dev.off()

This causes R to show the window "R GUI has encountered a problem and
needs to close".
Can anyone else out there reproduce this, so I can file a bug report?

Best,

Gustaf Rydevik

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.7.1 (2008-06-23)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=Swedish_Sweden.1252;LC_CTYPE=Swedish_Sweden.1252;LC_MONETARY=Swedish_Sweden.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=Swedish_Sweden.1252

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] RWinEdt_1.8-0

[1] tools_2.7.1