[R] Hessian in box-constraint problem - concern OPTIM function

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Wed Jun 25 20:54:21 CEST 2008

      The description of your problem is too complex for me to analyze
in the time I have available for this.  Could you develop a very brief,
simple example that illustrates your question?  A very brief Monte
Carlo, estimating 2 parameters in a very simple formula with one of the
parameters at a boundary would be great.  If you do this, it may help
you answer the question for yourself, as suggested in the famous book by
Polya on "How to Solve It"
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Solve_It).  If you develop such an
example but still can't solve it yourself, please send it to this list
(see the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html).

      Hope this helps.
      Spencer